VILLAGE OF UNADILLA, NEBRASKA
REGULAR BOARD MEETING & PUBLIC HEARING
April 10, 2019
The regular monthly meeting of the Board of Trustees of the Village of Unadilla, Nebraska, was held on Wednesday, April 10, 2019, 7:30 p.m. at the Unadilla Community Library. Notice of said meeting and proposed agenda of then known subjects was given by posting in the three following places within the Village: Countryside Bank, Post Office, and Community Center Notice Board; and by serving a copy of said notice to each member of the Board of Trustees more than 5 days prior to said meeting. Trustees present: Dan Crownover, Dale Stoner, Janet Oelke, Scott Hincker and Lynn Schomerus. Visitors: Dave Hall, Joseph Peterson and Bob Brandt.
Chairman Crownover called the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m. He reminded everyone of the location of the Open Meetings Act Poster.
Hincker made a motion to approve the March 2019 minutes, Oelke seconded, motion carried 4-0.
Stoner made a motion to approve the March 2019 treasurer’s report, Schomerus seconded, motion carried 4-0.
- The amount of the Keno check was $2,424.47
- Water consumed: (1,134,000) water paid for: (471,000 month) (-633,000 month) (-1,488,000 YTD). Continued discussion on the water lines and breaks. Lovell excavating tested the valves and turned them to make sure they are in working order. Clerk reported going to the clerk’s school class given by Al Valcanti from Wisner. Clerk to make arrangements to see if he can come talk to the board on possible financing.
- Schoolhouse items – The person that was interested in starting a preschool/daycare decided not to go through with it.
- Clerk reported BBQ preparations are underway
- Clean up Day is scheduled for June 15rd, Dwight has offered to donate his time monitoring it.
- Quonset Property: Dave Hall presented the Board with an offer for the building and property for $85,000.00 this would include 150 ft to the west and 300 ft to the east. Dave Schmitz will survey the property with the Village paying for that survey. Title insurance would be split between the buyer and seller. The Village would continue to use some of the building for rock and storage in turn for snow removal and mowing by the Village. Schomerus made a motion to accept the bid seconded by Stoner, motion carried 4-0. Attorney Jerry Stilmock will draw up the agreement. The renters lease will go with the property.
- Public Comments: none
- Bob Brandt presented to the Board the plans for the new additional north of Hwy 2. The first phase would have 7 lots, all lots will be about 1 acre lots facing to the west with walkouts facing the east. The final plate will be presented to the Planning Commission on April 18th at their regular meeting. Phase 1 will be annexed to the Village.
The following claims were reviewed for April payment:
7687 Dwight Kastens wage/112 hrs 1,393.20
7688 Barb Wilhelm wages/20.5 hrs 248.97
7689 Corinne Zahn wages/99.75 hrs, mil 174 1,682.15
7690 NC Util util 2,946.43
7691 Zito Media isi 88.45
7692 OPPD water pit 33.00
AWD IRS 941 tax 997.36 863.37 IRS 941 tax 686.23
7693 DHHS water samp 15.00
7694 Recycl Enter recycling 200.00
7695 Municipal Sup valves, supplies 679.91
7696 B&B Pump diesel 177.94
7697 Westover Rock salted sand 1,454.85
7698 Grainger cold patch 699.60
7699 ABC Pest Control pest control 120.00
AWD Ne Dept. of Rev Sales TX 289.36
AWD NE Dept of Rev St WH
7700 Capital Glass window repair 250.00
7701 Countryside Bank bond interest pmt 7,993.75
7702 Arlin Rohlfs wage 33 hrs 335.23
7703 RWD#3 water 2,688.10
7704 One Call Con diggers hotline 6.90
7705 Kastens Elec sewer call 44.00
7706 Midwest Lab sewer samp 38.30
7707 Westover Rock rock 368.47
7708 Municipal Sup 6” clamps 630.60
7709 Windstream phone 76.42
7710 Dan Crownover wage 138.52
7711 Dale Stoner wage 115.44
7712 Janet Oelke wage 115.44
7713 Scott Hincker wage 115.44
7714 Lynn Schomerus wage 115.44
7715 Lincoln Tent curtains park shelter 385.00
7716 NE Dept of Rev keno tax 1,526.00
Hincker made a motion to pay claims, Oelke seconded, and motion carried 4-0.
The list of delinquent water and sewer patrons was reviewed. Account 017, 048, 063, 074, 075, 088, 128, 141.
In Correspondence: Dog License renewal letters were sent out to Village Residents. April 23rd the Community Center will be receiving the Community Benefactor Award from the Girl Scouts Spirit of Nebraska. Papillion Sanitation began their service with the Village April 4th. Unadilla clerk to host Southeast Area Clerks Association meeting at The Bar on 4-25-19.
The meeting adjourned at 9:50 p.m.
NEXT MEETING: 5-08-19 at Village Library
A complete and current copy of these proceedings is available for
inspection at the Village Office during normal business hours.