VILLAGE OF UNADILLA, NEBRASKA
REGULAR BOARD MEETING & PUBLIC HEARING
April 12, 2017
The regular monthly meeting of the Board of Trustees of the Village of Unadilla, Nebraska, was held on Wednesday, April 12, 2017, 7:30 p.m. at the Unadilla Community Library. Notice of said meeting and proposed agenda of then known subjects was given by posting in the three following places within the Village: Countryside Bank, Post Office, and Community Center Notice Board; and by serving a copy of said notice to each member of the Board of Trustees more than 5 days prior to said meeting. Trustees present: Dan Crownover, Dale Stoner, Janet Oelke, Scott Hincker and Lynn Schomerus. Visitors: John Truell
Chairman Crownover called the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m. He reminded everyone of the location of the Open Meetings Act Poster.
Hincker made a motion to approve the March 2017 minutes, Schomerus seconded, motion carried 4-0.
Stoner made a motion to approve the March 2017 treasurerâ€™s report, Hincker seconded, motion carried 4-0.
1. The amount of the Keno check was $5,117.95
2. Water consumed: (601,000) water paid for: (521,000 month) (-80,000 YTD).
3. Schoolhouse items â€“
4. Clerk reported BBQ preparations are underway
5. Clean up Day is scheduled for June 17th, Dwight has offered to donate his time monitoring it.
6. Public Comments: none
1. Schomerus made a motion to approve The Barâ€™s SDL for April 28th & 29th Blue Bird Convention seconded by Oelke, motion carried 4-0.
2. John Truell from Future Technologies presented to the Board internet service here in town. He purposed putting up antennaâ€™s on the water tower so people can have internet service from them as a choice of services. Depending on speed of service customers can purchase plans from $20/month up to $80/month. Customers will be able to sign a one year contract or purchase the equipment from them. The Village would sign a 3-year contract with Future Tech and receive 3 hookups at no charge. Stoner made a motion to sign the 3-year contract, seconded by Hincker, motion carried 4-0. John Truell will provide the contract and begin putting up the antennaâ€™s in June or July.
3. The audit waiver was accepted by the State Auditorâ€™s Office for the year 2015-2016. They did recommend an audit be done this year and anytime the expenditures are over $300,000.00.
The following claims were reviewed for April payment:
April 12, 2017 page 2
6562 CS Bank int on bonds 9,105.00
6561 Corinne Zahn wages/119.75 motel $375 2,139.51
6560 Barb Wilhelm wages/38.5 hrs 501.10
6557 Dwight Kastens wages/96 hrs 1,066.18
6580 Dan Crownover wages 92.35
6581 Dale Stoner wages 69.26
6582 Janet Oelke wages 69.26
6584 Lynn Schomerus wages 69.26
6583 Scott Hincker wages 69.26
6564 Seneca Sanitation 2,120.70
6566 N.C. Utilities 2,869.15
6559 Arlin Rohlfs wage/24.5 hrs 237.57
6568 Zito Media his 131.06
6567 RWD #3 water 1,542.15
6570 One Call 2.28
6565 Goes Const. park shel roof 6,000.00
6585 Nebr. Dept Rev keno tax 2,806.16
AWD Ne Dept. of Rev Sales TX 310.12
AWD NE Dept of Rev St WH 315.00
6576 DHHS wat test 66.00
6573 Gen Fire & Saf Inspect Fire Alarm 140.00
6575 Syr Lumber ballfield 147.08
6563 Windstream phone 70.02
6572 Syr Do It Best spray paint 12.27
6571 Recyc Ent. Recycling 200.00
6574 Quill toilet pap, ink, cleaner 56.98
6578 Doug Ebert wage/mileage 195.92
6569 Midwest Lab sewer samp 31.28
6577 Kastens Ele water mapping 57.00
6579 American Conc tube, manhole 135.00
Hincker made a motion to pay claims, Oelke seconded, and motion carried 4-0.
The list of delinquent water and sewer patrons was reviewed. Account 22, 137 and 189. Water was shut off at account #137
In Correspondence: Dog License renewal letters were sent out to Village Residents. The fire alarm inspection was completed at the Community Center, The Library donated $500.00 to the Community Center along with new tables.
The meeting adjourned at 8:45 p.m.
A complete and current copy of these proceedings is available for
inspection at the Village Office during normal business hours.