VILLAGE OF UNADILLA, NEBRASKA
REGULAR BOARD MEETING & PUBLIC HEARING
April 11, 2018
The regular monthly meeting of the Board of Trustees of the Village of Unadilla, Nebraska, was held on Wednesday, April 11, 2018, 7:30 p.m. at the Unadilla Community Library. Notice of said meeting and proposed agenda of then known subjects was given by posting in the three following places within the Village: Countryside Bank, Post Office, and Community Center Notice Board; and by serving a copy of said notice to each member of the Board of Trustees more than 5 days prior to said meeting. Trustees present: Dan Crownover, Janet Oelke, Scott Hincker and Lynn Schomerus, absent and not voting, Dale Stoner. Visitors: none
Chairman Crownover called the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m. He reminded everyone of the location of the Open Meetings Act Poster.
Hincker made a motion to approve the March 2018 minutes, Schomerus seconded, motion carried 3-0.
Oelke made a motion to approve the March 2018 treasurerâ€™s report, Hincker seconded, motion carried 3-0.
1. The amount of the Keno check was $3,013.91
2. Water consumed: (658,000) water paid for: (471,000 month) (-187,000 month) (-707,000YTD). The curb stop was bent at 572 7th St. and was replaced by Lovell Excavating. At the schoolhouse the curb stop was moved, and a hydrant was installed for flushing and testing purposes. Bohl Plumbing will be contacted to disinfect the line into the building. Continued testing will be done. Discussion was held on some of the townâ€™s water valves not holding as well.
3. Schoolhouse items â€“ A treadmill and new elliptical machine were purchased at Thurmanâ€™s in Nebraska City for the work out room. TRX bands were also purchased by Kristen Walters and installation of brackets for the gym was done by Joseph Peterson. Keno funds will be used to purchase the equipment.
4. Clerk reported BBQ preparations are underway
5. Clean up Day is scheduled for June 23rd, Dwight has offered to donate his time monitoring it.
6. Nuisance Properties: Properties were discussed where some of the structures were getting holes in the roofs and rodents found. Clerk to send out letters to the property owners.
7. Public Comments: none
1. Trustee Schomerus introduced Ordinance 262-18 to approve, ratify and confirm the agreement for sale of real estate by sealed bid by and between the Village of Unadilla and the buyers for lots 1,2,3 & 4 of Blk 43 and to authorize the Chairman of the Board to execute a deed for the transfer of real estate; to provide for the repeal of conflicting Ordinances or parts of ordinances; and to provide for an effective date, and moved that the statutory rule requiring reading on three different days be suspended, seconded by Hincker, all voting yea upon roll call. Stoner absent and not voting.
Said ordinance was then read by title, and thereafter Trustee Hincker moved for final passage, seconded by Oelke. Upon roll call all voting yea, Stoner absent and not voting. Crownover stated Ordinance No. 262-18 be passed and adopted
The following claims were reviewed for April payment:
7290 Dwight Kastens wage/96.5 hrs 1,176.76
7291 Arlin Rohlfs wages/15 hrs 152.38
7292 Barb Wilhelm wages/38.5 hrs 516.10
7293 Corinne Zahn wages/106 hrs, mil 231 1,688.98
7294 Countryside Bank bond interest pmt 8,570.00
7295 RWD#3 water 1,664.70
7296 NC Util util 2,203.39
7297 Zito Media isi 81.24
7298 OPPD water pit 28.00
7299 Nitty Gritty fuel Dec-Mar 634.52
7300 DHHS water samp 32.00
7301 B&B pump anchors/gym 229.57
7302 Syr Iron his 131.06
7303 One Call dig hotline 5.31
7304 Syr Do It Best paint, hammer, misc 88.15
7305 Recyc Ent recyc 200.00
7306 Syr Lumber lumber gym 331.00
AWD Ne Dept. of Rev Sales TX 285.39
AWD NE Dept of Rev St WH
7307 Thurmanâ€™s tread mill, elliptical 2,900.00
7308 Kristen Walters TRX Bands 638.70
7309 Seneca San garbage 2,168.50
7310 Danâ€™s Tire battery 119.95
7311 Windstream phone 68.25
7312 Midwest Lab sewer supplies 35.30
7313 Dan Crownover wage 184.70
7314 Dale Stoner wage 138.52
7315 Janet Oelke wage 138.52
7316 Scott Hincker wage 138.52
7317 Lynn Schomerus wage 138.52
7318 Lovell Excavating water/sewer 1,650.00
Schomerus made a motion to pay claims, Hincker seconded, and motion carried 3-0.
The list of delinquent water and sewer patrons was reviewed. Account 017, 037, 085, 092, 108, 128, 137, 141, 176, 183, & 189.
In Correspondence: Dog License renewal letters were sent out to Village Residents.
The meeting adjourned at 8:55 p.m.
A complete and current copy of these proceedings is available for
inspection at the Village Office during normal business hours.